A two phase roof replacement project to take place over a two year period on three distinct roof areas measuring approximately 314,539 SF. The building’s original twenty five (25) year old ballasted EPDM roof system was removed and replaced with an 80-mil, fully adhered PVC roof system. This replacement project included:
- Removal of the existing rock ballast and loose laid EPDM roof membrane including related sheet metal flashings.
- Re-use of the existing above deck rigid EPS insulation and gypsum thermal barrier panels, with selective removal and replacement of damaged panels (sustainability goals).
- Mechanically fastened and foam adhered above deck polyisocyanurate rigid insulation and gypsum coverboard panels to increase the roof’s overall thermal performance.
- 80-mil, fully adhered PVC single ply roof system.
- 24-gauge pre-coated galvanized steel, stainless steel and PVC coated sheet metal flashings at walls, roof edges, curbs and penetrations.
- Custom color radius wall sheet metal coping cap with control joint cover to match existing reveal.
- Removal and replacement of pre-cast concrete wall and skylight sill pan sealant joints.
- Removal and replacement of selected roof drain assemblies.
- Fall protection anchors at pre-cast concrete walls.