PRC provided initial review of the existing roof system in place and determined cost estimates and design criteria for a roof replacement project. In coordination with a structural engineer, Construction Documents were generated and provided to the Port for bidding. Two separate projects were designed; a roof replacement project, which included a seismic upgrade project at the roof level, and an additional seismic upgrade project to occur independently. The roof replacement project included the following:
- Removal of the existing roof system down to the plywood sheathing.
- Installation of a new FM approved roof system which included the installation of ¾” overlay board and a 3-ply asphalt built-up roof system with a granule-surfaced cap sheet and SBS modified bitumen base flashings.
- Fabrication and installation of parapet walls along the north and south perimeters to facilitate additional slope requirements to provide positive drainage.
- Fabrication and installation of 24 gauge pre-coated sheet metal flashings at parapet walls, perimeter curbed edges and penetrations.
- Installation of fall arrest anchors upslope of each drain for accessibility to each drain and the parapet wall when required.