PRC provided design recommendations and assistance to Hennebery Eddy Architects for the replacement of the roof at one of TriMet’s maintenance facilities. In general, the construction scope was designed to include removal of existing aggregate surfacing of a 15 year old asphalt built-up roof system in preparation for the installation of a fully adhered 45-mil single ply KEE membrane over the combined 52,100 square feet of roof areas on the TriMet Elmonica Maintenance Facility located in Hillsboro, Oregon. The roof replacement project included:
- Diagnostic infra-red thermography testing to determine locations of wet insulation to be removed in coordination with the roof replacement project.
- Removal of the existing roof system at all penetrations and at the building perimeter was performed to repair the existing vapor barrier.
- Removal of the existing sheet metal flashings at all roof areas.
- Installation of new adhered 1/2-inch gypsum based overlay board.
- Installation of a new fully-adhered 45-mil, single ply, KEE membrane; white.
- All new 24 gauge, pre-painted, galvanized steel flashings at parapet walls and penetrations.
PRC provided Quality Assurance inspections during the course of construction and documented all site visits with Field Reports issued to the Team. PRC also facilitated in project closeout.